Helping You Develop a
Realistic Budget for Your Project
When considering a custom home or remodel, the first question most people ask us is, "What will it cost?" We've put together a list of average costs for a variety of remodeling projects and new construction. As with every rule of thumb, there are always exceptions. But we hope these estimates will help you develop a realistic budget for your project. We want transparency with our clients. If we don’t make money, we don’t stay in business, and you won’t have a contractor. So we have no problem sharing what we need to make on a project.
We recognize the need to establish a budget, and we have included the below numbers in the hope that they will assist with your planning and overall understanding of the remodeling and new construction process.
General Construction Labor Rate - $85 - 125
- Addition - (family room type – no plumbing, minimal structural work) - $250 to $500 /sq. ft.
- Addition - (multi-story, some structural, systems work) $500 /sq. ft.
- New house - (On your lot or tear down.) - $350 to $500/ sq. ft.
- Kitchen Remodel - $50,000 to $120,000
- Cost Plus Project Fee/Mark up - 20-25% builder fee (depends on size and scope of the project)
- Bathroom (high end remodel) - $45,000 to $100,000
- Average Design Fees: - Varies by Architect and project complexity but a general rule is 5-12% of construction costs, plus reimbursable and engineering if required at $125 per hour
Initial Consultation - Initial in-house design consultation is free if you own or have a contract on the property. If you are in the process of buying a property, the consultation fee is a minimum of $250.